Last updated: October 22, 2017
Scope and Consent
You are contracting with Artificium Technologia, PO Box 635156, SAN DIEGO, CA 92163. Artificium Technologia is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S.
Changes to this Notice
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Artificium Technologia has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your cart, forum posts, questions posted to the site’s FAQ, or comments to training videos)
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide your client’s name, email addresses, telephone numbers, and details about a property they are transacting
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us:
We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information comprises the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token. Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu. Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and your web log information.
Do Not Track Signals
Artificium Technologia does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide and improve our Services
- Provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like)
- Contact you about your account and our Services
- Provide you customer service
- Provide you with personalized advertising and marketing
- Detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
- Provide, improve, and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like
- Keep track of your cart
- Give you access to your purchase history, and internal messages
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as auto filling forms, search results, and other personalized content)
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service:
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you.
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail. When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement. Message and data rates may apply.
Personalize our advertising and marketing communications:
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide our Services and to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
- Service Providers and financial institutions partners
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing custom advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and other business operations.
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
- to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety. to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, as we in our sole discretion deem necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose user’s name, street address, city, state, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name to credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file) to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity
Change of Ownership
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which we may contact you about your account, in the Communication Preferences section within your Site Inspect Account. There, you can also control and choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, change your Communication Preferences within Site Inspect, or indicate your communication preferences within the direct communication from us. Keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes). In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes.
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Check out or add items to your cart
- Purchase an item with stored card information
- View order details
- Post to the forum
- Change your profile information
- Cancel subscription services
- Access your business tools and clients’ info
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate
Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so
This section describes some additional important information related to your use of our Services. There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:
Our websites and our Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
Third Party Privacy Practices
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our sites.
PO Box 635156
SAN DIEGO, CA 92163